Pregnancy is a gift of nature that a woman is blessed with. After marriage, pregnancy is a very important step in a woman’s life. As this period starts, the mother needs to take care of the baby both mentally and physically. Any stress or unhappiness in her life has a direct impact on the baby in her womb. So pregnant mothers should keep their mind filled with good feelings and body fit, so that the baby gets a healthy atmosphere to grow in.
Here are some health tips for pregnant women, going through a beautiful phase of pregnancy.
1. Don’t get angry, jealous or disappointed. Life is not a bed of roses, take it in a stride. Avoid quarrels with your hubby over unimportant topics. They can have a negative impact on the baby.
2. Take keen interest in reading religious and spiritual books. They help calm your nerves and provide inner peace – a must for your baby.
3. Avoid spicy food. Instead eat healthy, vegetarian and a balanced diet. Green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein are a must in your diet. Lack of these may cause diseases.
4. Don’t take drugs as it leads to miscarriage.
5. Take proper rest and avoid long journeys.
6. Any exercise during pregnancy should be done with the advice of a doctor. Wrong exercises may lead to unnecessary complications and harm the child.
7. Get a Proper check up done every month. Monitor your weight regularly and make sure it’s kept under check. Keep a record of your blood group, hemoglobin, sugar and blood pressure.
8. To know the proper growth of the baby, an ultrasound should be done.